Sunday, January 16, 2011

Free Sterling Cab


Dorothy and I got home from the Freedom of the Seas just hours before 5 inches of snow arrived in Tennessee. Yesterday a UPS brown truck plowed through the snow and stopped in front of our house. We didn't remember ordering anything, so the delivery was a mystery. Inside the package was a bottle of the 2006 Sterling Vineyards Cabernet! The simple note said only "enjoy!" 



Then I remembered the back-story that landed us this free bottle of wine. I have been writing a food blog. Its just for fun really - I only have a handful of 'followers.' I started it a year ago on January 1, 2010 and I grilled a Bobby Flay recipe everyday for 100 days straight. After 100 days I slowed down - making entries only a couple time a month. Before we left on the Cruise, I made an entry for a dinner that Dorothy and I put together that we called The Winter Solstice Supper. With dinner that night we had a Sterling Cab and I reported on it. The folks at Sterling saw it and sent me a bottle! You can check out the site at www.bobbyflayeveryday.blogspot.com.

This was not the first time I got free wine stuff by way of the blog. Cline Cellars once sent me a bottle of Red Truck and a bottle of White Truck together with a Red Truck stocking cap, wine opener and a matchbox replica of the actual Red Truck.

We have not opened the free bottle of Sterling yet - but when we do, we will report in. In addition to attending all the wine tastings / seminars while on the cruise, Dorothy and I also attended the Chefmakers Cooking Academy at sea. I report on what we did there on the other website: www.bobbyflayeveryday.blogspot.com.



Drink the Wine! Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment